Old 22nd February 2006, 20:17   #5
DummyDDD

playlist title bug related to directshow filter 0.98

[edit]
Forgot to mention the technical stuff:
WA 5.2 Clean install
WinXP Pro Danish SP2
P4 2666MHz, 512mb RAM
Graphics card: SiS M650_651_650_740, 6.14.0010.2220 (eng)
Sound card: Realtek AC97, 5.10.0000.5990 (eng)
DX 9 (4.09.0000.0904)
At least directshow decoder 0.98 is affected, maybe others.
[/edit]

I am not quite sure if this is a bug in the plug-in or a general bug in the playlist, but I'll post it here anyway.

If I doubleclick on a file in the playlist the playlength of the file is displayed to the left of the file (which is fine), but when I afterwards click on another file it no longer displays the playlength. It seems that it looses the playlength whenever I change focus in the playlist (however only when using the mouse, not when using keyboard).
Also it only loose the playlength if the file was decoded using the directshow filter plug-in, and winamp was unable to determine the bitrate of the file.
Actually it might also happen if other plug-ins are unable to determine the bitrate, but I haven't encountered such cases. Actually I think it's because of my directshow decoder filter that winamp is unable to get the bitrate (I use FFDshow).

The bug also happened in the previous beta, I think it started occuring after you posted something about fixing some kind of a title bug, but I'm not sure.