View Single Post
Old 18th January 2015, 12:48   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post
I readed that DrO has decided to stay away from here
that's the funniest thing I've read all day

though, if it were part of my job to deal with shoutcast "support", I'd probably neck myself after a week, so it's not surprising he doesn't want to deal with this stuff while on vacation

I'm generalising, not particularly talking about anyone who's posted in this thread.

The level of handholding demanded by the average shoutcast user is astounding. Most can't or wont read the documentation that comes with the downloads or is available online. Many wont accept an answer, that while 100% correct, they don't like, or refuse to understand. It's like they have a preconceived idea of what the answer should be, despite total lack of any knowledge on their part, and will keep repeating the same question over and over and over. And finally, my biggest pet peeve, if you're stubborn and bloody minded enough to insist on running DNAS from your home network, you're going to have to know at least the basics of networking. If you can't be arsed learning what a 10 year old can learn in an hour, then you're going to fail epically, but that's OK, because you can demand an answer to your own stupidity on this forum, and probably get the answer spoon fed to you, despite the fact that a retarded basket weaver could use the search function and find 1000 versions of the same problem answered 1000 times on this forum alone.

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote