View Single Post
Old 9th June 2012, 21:28   #7
muel2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by muel2002
MrSinatra

It's not about sorting the tracks ordinally according to their 'track #' number. It's about filtering out tracks that are the only ones that have a particular album name. So if you have one track from an album, you don't want to see that.

There is a 'tracks' column (not to be confused with the 'track #' column), this will display the total number of tracks that you have with a particular album name.
so you solved this by just adding id3v2 tags?
No, I didn't solve the problem by adding id3v2 tags, but discovered you could alleviate the problem by adding extra info / the full info that the id3v2 'track #' fields allow. So you would have to add '01/10' in an id3v2 'track #' field as in 1st track of 10, if a id3 tag just had '01' as the track number or '1' if it was id3v1, Winamp won't allow you to filter files according to how many other files they share an album name with.

However, not all my tags have this track data and I can't be bothered to put it into all my tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by muel2002
An alternative way around it is to find a program that can automatically add all the total track info into the id3v2 tags, but that would be a right pain in the bum.
so to use the tracks criteria in smartview, it has to be id3v2, and the info must be entered as 07/13 ?
To 'filter' by 'tracks' criteria in smartview, yes.
muel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote