View Single Post
Old 5th July 2014, 01:12   #80
geok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I agree it is no fun having to learn a new program just to have files tagged automatically, but for now there is no alternative.

You can also post on the Mp3tag site, explain exactly what you want to do and ask for help.
While it's true that the learning curve for MP3tag is high, it's also just about the best tagging software you'll ever find!

For one thing, you have the choice of using freedb, Amazon.com (or Amazon.de. The developer is German), discogs, or MusicBrainz for auto-tagging! You can even use a locally cached copy of the the freedb database.

However, for all that it gives you such a wide choice of auto-tagging solutions, the program is mostly focused on manual tagging.

Not manual in the sense of typing in field after field. Manual in the sense that it's main focus isn't auto-tagging.

The strength of the program is the ability to use regular expressions to update hundreds of tags at once, to do bulk conversions, such as converting all ID3v1 tags to your choice of ID3v2 (ID3v2.4 UTF-8, ID3v2.3 UTF-16, ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1) or APEv2 tags, and even linking in external programs to work directly from its own menus.

So, while I highly recommend the program, I don't think it's a viable solution for the CDDB issue.

Still, it never hurts to inquire!