View Single Post
Old 5th July 2014, 22:53   #90
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
MrSinatra,

Well if another app doesn't intend to use the TXXX tags then it would never reference them. Therefore the app you mention must actually *want* to use them if you to had them. It is a concious decision. Maybe the implementation isn't (or wasn't) the greatest and you had problems. Often this is lack of understanding of these tags and their meaning rather than issues that they exist or not.
However you should not exclude all the other good uses of this because of that scenario. I imagine many people would want these - I don't want to sound fanboyish but they are becoming fairly common practice now to want to use the MB specific tags.
But all that said an option not to tag them could be a possibility if you really wanted it.

I imagine (but no inside knowledge so obviously not sure) that DrO usage of these tags is not a benign one. I envisage them being used in Winamp. e.g. Grouping different artists with the same name, etc, potentially linking to artists pages information (wikipedia, etc), obtaining release art, etc

DrO,

No problem.
I wasn't expecting any sort of reply on a Saturday night. What are you doing anyway, go have a beer. ;-)
I hope that my comments are useful rather than just inquisitive.

Also for some reference here is what Picard does tag so it includes the Musicbrainz specific (TXXX tags)
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/PicardTagMapping

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com