View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:56   #7
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybaldy72uk View Post
Why there are such strict rules on how many TLH you have is beyond me. Why do they even bother with the service if they are just going to pick n choose who can and who can't use the services.
this is the initial version and more things will come with time.

Quote:
Aren't us hobby broadcasters important enough to to the Men In suits in Belgium?
yes they are and there are definitely things coming for them in the future (either directly or indirectly).

Quote:
Surely everyone should be able to use a service such as this.
within reason. this is one area where financials are involved and if it costs more to host it than what it brings in then what's the point from a business perspective ? (as SHOUTcast is a business and so needs to pay the bills and keep the lights on, etc).

it's no more different than what any of the other free and paid services require and when things don't match up, services go dead, just like we saw happen to loudcity recently.

and it's not preventing anyone from running a station however they want to do or have already been doing it if they don't want (or are not eligible currently) to use the service we're now providing.

Quote:
No matter your listener counts etc ... It's like oh sorry your only small fry therefore we don't care for you.
again as i mentioned earlier, things are coming for the smaller broadcaster in the future.

Quote:
The whole setup stinks if that is the case.
and that is your opinion and it's not like you have to use any of this. so you can happily keep running a de-listed v1.x DNAS if that's what you want to do and none of the platform / broadcasting changes will have an effect on how you run your station - it'll just be like the AOL days where you're left to it (for good or bad depending on different people's viewpoint).

Quote:
I guess the guys in suits who run Shoutcast now only care about profit margins and spreadsheets without thinking about everyone else.
again, things have been considered for smaller broadcasters and things will come but this is part of a gradual roll out of new services and features.

obviously whatever i say is not going to make you think differently then so be it (and you can rant away on any platforms you like as you do anyway), but that statement you've made was correct a year ago, but it is not now (and that's my right of opinion on the matter based on what i know is happening and what will be coming).

so if you're not happy with what is happening (and i really should have put some money on you being the first to complain), then you don't have to be part of it or make use of any of the SHOUTcast platform in anyway (like de-listing yourself) and just ignore what is going on.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote