View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:28   #12
Bryon Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron9forever View Post
people don't understand the basics of how internet works
they just expect to get free shit

if you want a reliable, stable, and malleable shoutcast then you're either gonna pay for it or make it open source and wait 10 years for it to become good.

Also hosting radio streams takes the most bandwidth of any service currently being offered, except video streams. No game will ever, EVER require 128kbps for one user, that is, if you're running mp3, of course. 32kbps aac is the same deal, very few games use so much data. We may be developing and hosting's becoming cheaper and cheaper but you got to understand there are potentially thousands, even tens of thousands of people are gonna sign up for free streaming and someone's gotta pay the bill for it.

If having ads on 6.66% of your stream is bad, go use some service that covers over 50% of your page that you HAVE to use for this.

I'm not gonna spend money on shoutcast, or use their streaming service, because I can't afford it, and that may seem hypocritical, but still, my point is valid. Even if you don't want to spend money, I understand, but don't bash them for making a living and offering people free services.
Glad someone understands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybaldy72uk View Post
Not at all. I have no beef with winamp or shoutcast they've both been good to me.

I will see what happens with radionomy and wether they decide to allow small broadcasters to join their services in due course.

It just would've been nice to be able to sign up to it that is all. Without the need for huge TLH stats.

P.S For Mr Stouts information I was ripped off by Spacial to the tune of $299 so that gives me every right to express what i think about them on my blog. Which is nothing to do with you.

Plus you had no right coming onto my facebook page last week and trying to tell me what to think either!

**Byron Stout Now added to ignore list**
Just as "you have a right" so do I.

You were not ripped off, you just don't like their business model. So like a immature child you make it a point to constantly bash their brand. Grow up and focus on building your own brand.
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote