2 GB of RAM
XFX Geforce 6800GS
ATI Radeon 7500
Primary WD HD 80 GB
Secondary WD HD 160 GB
NEC DVD Burner
CD-Writer
Windows XP Pro SP2 w/ all updates

When I start up winamp (whether through the shortcut or by opening a song) I immediately get an error message with "Windows - No Disk" for a title. The error reads:

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive ." (notice the blank space between drive and the period. Most error messages of this nature that I've googled for have a drive letter or directory path there. Just a blank for me).

I have 3 buttons for choices; Cancel, Try Again, or Continue. If I hit Cancel or Continue, it comes up again, and this happens for anywhere from 6-8 times. It is important to note that I have Alcohol 120% running with a virtual drive, an Ipod connected, a floppy drive, and I have a USB card reader with 4 slots. It is similar to a floppy drive in that each slot is portrayed by a drive, whether there is a disk/card in it or not. This is a bug in 5.2 In 5.111 this isn't a problem (that is the closest to 5.2 that I've tried). I did a full uninstall and reinstall multiple times, with numerous restarts and the problem wasn't fixed.

Most people in the forums have attributed this to a problem with a plugin. However, the only plugin I ever had was the ml_ipod plugin, and I have since removed that. I'm assuming I'm a black sheep with a stroke of bad luck, and some specific code interference with my system. I'll trust you guys to find a solution.

Thanks for all you do!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry, but we can't reproduce this.