View Single Post
Old 21st January 2006, 01:50   #9
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

C:\WINDOWS\shost.exe is missing, which means it's already been deleted, but the "O23 - Service: Service Hosts (ServiceHost)" service is still registered as an automatic service, and should therefore be disabled/removed.

start > run > services.msc
Service Hosts > properties > change Startup Type to "disabled"

start > run > cmd
type: sc delete ServiceHost
Hit Enter

Because "O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Ocx Service] winocx.exe" doesn't say "(file missing)" then this suggests that it must still be there. Make sure you can see hidden & system files (c/o settings in Windows > Folder Options > View tab). The probable location of the file will be in the %system% folder, eg. C:\Windows\system32\winocx.exe

Other than that, I'm honestly not sure why you're still getting that error message.
The only entry I see in the "Running Processes" section of your log which might be locking the CD (thus giving the "cd drive currently in use" error) is "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe" which apparently lets you use a remote control with your DVD drive.... though I wasn't familiar with some of the other running processes (AvaFind.exe, xplorer2.exe, Rainmeter.exe, allSnap.exe).

Microsoft Machine Debug Manager has also been known to cause problems ("C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe") so you might also want to try disabling that in the Services Control Panel (or at least change it to "manual" Startup Type instead of "automatic").

Yup, it's a weird one, that's for sure, heh. Not one person on the dev/beta/QA/moderator teams can reproduce the problem... and that's quite a lot of people.

Sorry I couldn't help to get to the bottom of this, but hopefully someone will find out what/how/why eventually... :/