View Single Post
Old 11th June 2011, 00:45   #1
ttougar

Song lengths in winamp longer than actual length of song

Recently, I was organizing "My Music" folder putting mp3's into folder's with the artist's name. After I did this I thought all that would be required would be to add the music to winamp again, and then delete duplicates with the old file location. However, all the files I moved now are listed as having a track length drastically longer that the actual length of the song. An example: a song with the length of 9:45 is now listed as having a length of 38:59. When I play these songs, they play correctly, however, after the real length of the track has finished, the remaining time is completely silent.

I am not sure what would be the cause of this as any of the songs I did not move are still correct. I have tried removing the files from winamp and then adding them back, as well and completely reinstalling winamp and then re-adding the media. The same songs which had the problem remained the only ones after I reinstalled. I also played the songs in Windows Media Player, and they played correctly there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Specs:

No plugins installed.

ASRock 880GXH
AMD Phenom II x6 1075T
4GB DDR3
On Board Audio
Nvidia GTX 470
Windows 7 - sp1
DX11
Winamp 5.61 (full version I believe)
ttougar is offline   Reply With Quote