View Single Post
Old 24th April 2013, 02:16   #38
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
Nicely EAC will let me specify to name the artwork folder.jpg. So that is an easy one to fix.

EAC is certainly nicely tweakable, but as the start of this thread shows, sometimes there can be a "tweak too far".
well, that's IF i'm at fault. EAC might have configured itself improperly on the laptop drive I used to make the Beatle rips.

I actually let EAC name the art to the album name, and then post rip I go in with win exp, copy it, rename the copy to Folder.jpg and set both to be hidden but not system files, (using a cool, easy, quick free utility via context menu called attribute changer).

this means if a virus (or WMP or some other badly behaving app) ever hits the Folder.jpgs, there's a uniquely named backup in the folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
As to lack of updates on EAC. Why add features when everything it does works? So makes sense to freeze development. Also notice that the main FLAC project hasn't been updated for even longer. So no chance that EAC will fire the wrong command line at the FLAC tool as EAC is newer.
I've noticed that winamp has gone from 1.2.1 to 1.3 for flac. is this coincidence or what?

it looks like there is a 1.3 flac pre-release. has it gone official? I wonder what they changed, either winamp or flac itself?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote