View Single Post
Old 12th April 2011, 09:43   #6
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_1957 View Post
sc_serv2 also appears to cause the problem. If I use sc_serv_1.9.8 and sc_trans_drop5, I have no issues. Upgrading above those versions causes the garble.
maybe it's something with the client that you're using, or there's an issue with the upload speed (as per you following post).

Quote:
If I stream music for over 10 minutes (continuously) sc_trans / sc_serv starts to get behind and drop packets to try and keep up.
the only time i've seen that was in my linux vm before i upgraded to the newer virtualbox though high cpu usage on a machine can lead to that happening as well based on something else i saw on another machine i've been tinkering with things on.

Quote:
Have you guys changed MP3 decoder/encoder since those versions?
i don't believe there's any change in the mp3 encoder between the different sc_trans builds (i've not updated it as part of the sc_trans updates). i know that build 39 -> build 40 is probably built with a different compiler but with drop5 ->build 39 i'd assume it was the same compiler used (before my time). ironically, that's the only encoder / decoder which has not been updated in some way with the newer sc_trans build 40 and in the dev version (which uses newer aacplus libs allowing a linux x64 build).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote