View Single Post
Old 8th May 2013, 17:59   #23
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I guess we have a different understanding of what "to diagnose" means.
for your edification:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/diagnose

Quote:
The devs are human. Of course they can and do make mistakes. But if one says he understands something I can accept that until proven otherwise.
and that's what leads to faulty implementations.

doveryai, no proveryai

the point of the procedures is to prevent people missing things. blind trust has little utility.

Quote:
True. And it can waste time, and yes, I'm mostly concerned about my time.
taking shortcuts can also waste time. that's the point u seem to miss.

Quote:
Good for you, I'm not that charitable.
indeed. well proven i'd say.

Quote:
I do know what the stickies say. I've read all of them, several more than once or twice. It is interesting that on one hand you say the devs are not gods (which is true), then you argue to follow their instructions (in the stickies) as though its gospel.
not nearly as clever as you intend. just b/c the devs state a truism, (a SOP), does not mean they invented it, or that its credible b/c they happen to utilize it. they simply recognize the worthiness of such a paradigm. its a universal truth, and not a controversial one.

Quote:
I don't know where that comment comes from or how you got to that from what I wrote.
in the last few recent posts, you have drawn conclusions about what this problem is or is not. you complain about me bringing m4a in but you mention this in the FLAC thread, (where DrO can NO longer reproduce btw). you state you don't think its your files. and so on... one need only read your posts to see that you have reached many conclusions. they may or may not be correct. the point, as I see it, is that I can neither verify, or disprove, your assertions conclusively, if you will not provide steps nor files. that's your choice, I accept it, c'est la vie. the only reason i'm still posting is to explain my POV.

Quote:
Good to know your view of the principles involved here, although I think I already had a pretty fair idea. We are all human and therefore can be wrong. I could even be wrong about that last comment.
likely so, i'd say.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing