View Single Post
Old 11th June 2010, 03:19   #5
thinktink
Forum King

I think I may have a definitive answer for the recent YP trouble, at least on my end: firewalls and the new YP2 push.

Apparently the new [SHOUTcast Directory Tester] is very temperamental and doesn't like Sygate Personal Firewall Pro most of the time. After much experimenting with the firewall the only way I could get either the old sc_serv or the very BETA sc_serv2 to be listed was to temporarily disable the firewall while [SHOUTcast Directory Tester] was testing the server. After that's done and the YP [ack]s and says I'm added I turned the firewall back on and everything returns to normal. Earlier today when I tried to get back on the YP and was partially listed was probably due to some kind of delay between firewall configuration changes and actual firewall behavior right after the changes.

It's not the old sc_serv. It's the new YP2 and the temperamental server tester. Probably the reason why I never saw this until recently was because I hadn't restarted sc_serv for a while. Right now I'm back running the old sc_serv SHOUTcast Server Version 1.9.8/win32.

I hope this information helps some people on the SHOUTcast development team and others.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote