View Single Post
Old 12th November 2014, 17:39   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

I finally determined the cause of the behavior discussed in this thread. It is an inadvertent result of disabling volume control in the DirectSound output plug-in.

I don't use Winamp's UI volume control and before discovering the Mouse Wheel Blocker plug-in (which is now a native feature), I had disabled this DS plug-in option to prevent accidental volume changes due to using the mouse wheel in the wrong places. The UI volume control still indicates a volume change, but the actual volume stays at 100%. After installing the Mouse Wheel Blocker plug-in, I didn't re-enable the DS plug-in's volume control. This was all done years ago and I had forgot all about it.

I don't think this bug has always been there (I think I would have noticed it). It's probably a result of fairly recent updates to the modern skin support and/or notifier code. This bug is benign, but the modern skin support logic should not be triggering a track change notification in response to moving the UI volume control when Winamp's volume control is disabled. However, disabling Winamp's volume control is something very few people would do.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote