View Single Post
Old 12th March 2016, 08:04   #74
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Who's curve? You and your silent majority's.
the curve of time. there are endless posts already on here expressing that winamp has gone too long, the forums literally full of such posts.

Quote:
If it means anything, my count of those who have expressed an opinion on whether JTFE is wanted or not has those who want it ahead by 1.
i won't bother to see if this is correct, but its not demonstrating a majority in the user base. the thread itself serves a population that is JTFE wary, not the overall proportion of of users.

i say again, most users are totally unaware of JTFE and that that fact is painfully obvious.

Quote:
Winamp (in it's current state) still has features that no other media player has. But if you and your silent majority don't use them or know about them then they must not be important enough to worry about.
absurd. those features are not whats holding up the next release.

Quote:
So you imply and therefore it must be true. After-all if the majority don't use them or know about them how important can they be, right. Of course that's the only proper way to look at things, right.
whatever that means. i am for all features making their way back in. BUT we don't need each and every feature in at once. give them time to work em in, and in the meantime a new ver can come out.

Quote:
What happens when today's majority view becomes tomorrow's minority view. You fight for your pov and don't give a rat's ass if it happens to be a minority or majority view. So why claim to be on the majority side in this case. It doesn't make you any more right or wrong.
apps like this want the MOST users. the majority want an app out. not putting an plugin out like JTFE keeps the app from going out at all, and i think thats dopey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
... we only have vague notions that something might emerge. ...
What we are you referring to? It is often true that those who know don't say and those who say don't know.

no idea what u meant, but i meant that we only get vague claims a new winamp will come out one day. could be a problem given whats being said in the other thread :RE being sued.

Quote:
You repeatedly say, "I don't claim to represent anyone other than myself". When are you actually going to do that.
i represent my own opinion based on the facts at hand. it is a fact that JTFE does not matter to the winamp user universe. it is a fact, after waiting so long, a majority of winamp users want a new winamp.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote