View Single Post
Old 28th July 2003, 16:26   #1
mkozaqii

several winamp installs sharing same ML?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've searched the forums on several occasions over the last few days and haven't seen anything on this subject.

I run Winamp (2.91) on several PCs on my home LAN. They all share the same media and I'd like them to all share the same media library so I only have to update one installation's library for each installation to have the same (i.e. up-to-date) ML.

I've looked around for information on this, investigated the Winamp installation, and also scanned the registry of my PCs for a reference to the library that I could change to a different location and no luck. If it's there, I can't find it.

The next thing I was planning on trying was uninstalling from each PC and reinstalling each at the same physical location using mapped drives from each remote machine, where each copmuter's install would be X:\Winamp\ which maps to \\server\share\winamp\. This way, each install will manipulate the same ML data. But...

I'd like to avoid this if i can just _move_ the ml data because the reinstalls will be a little laborious and I suspect (although I have no way of knowing now) that I may run into issues if more than one user is running the app at a time (seen this with other applications) or maybe issues with the ml database being 'locked' while in use (if it's set up to do so).

Anyway, if anyone here knows how to change the location of the ml data to somewhere other than [Winamp install dir]\Plugins\ml, it might be the solution I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.
mkozaqii is offline   Reply With Quote