View Single Post
Old 26th June 2007, 15:05   #219
Major Dude
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,687
Bottlegs and other non authorized music can get you into a lot of trouble. Permitted live recording are not considered bootlegs, and a lot of bands allow this to happen and even encourage people to do those recordings.

What left after you no longer play RIAA member bands, good number of newer artists? You just need to find them. What's left if you want to play RIAA member artists? You need to get a contract with their record label under whatever terms you can get. Those terms may be free use, restricted (but no money) use, or a monetary based contract, or no contract at all.

Please always do your best to pay ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC because this money goes directly back to the people that write and perform the music.

Your mileage may vary!
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote