View Single Post
Old 28th June 2007, 14:25   #225
Greg_E
Major Dude

I just noticed that broadcast processing hardware gian Orban was trying to help us out (as well as them selves). Check out this link http://www.orban.com/plugin and in case they change the page I'll quote the text:

Quote:
NETCASTING IN DANGER !!

The RIAA in the United States of America is at it again. They are trying to shut down small Internet radio services by burdening them with royalty fees that can be larger than a given service's entire income. In many cases, royalty fees for small netcasters have increased by a factor of ten or more, with even more increases on the way. Visit savenetradio.org and write your Senator today and let your voice be heard before July 15, 2007. You can use our suggested text at congress.org, change it, or write your own message. You can look up their addresses and phone numbers at congress.org. Don't let your freedoms and musical choices be determined by large corporate or the wrong interests.

The RIAA should stick to EQ curves and tone controls.
I'm not sure who wrote this, but I'm going to send them an email thanking them for their support! I'll probably send my comments to Greg Ogonowski or maybe Charles Hintz since he deals with the Opticodec that I use.

Any idea when we might have an indication of the final results (if before July 15 that is).

Your mileage may vary!
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote