View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2004, 22:49   #110
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Ok, my take on it, as someone who played VC for the best part of 6 months..

It's not as easily accesable as VC was, feels like a lot harder to get into than VC was, maybe this is because they have made the game SOOOOO much bigger than VC.

This massive increase in size and scope seems to have made them comprimise on stuff, the graphics, while excellent, certainly suffer more from draw distance problems, the lighting effects, while great, make the game swerve from easy to view, to hard to make out what's going on.

Sound wise, again , great soundtrack, maybe too much soundtrack , the voice work is seriously comprimised, seems like they have compressed and compressed to get more on the disc, imagine having all your 320kbps MP3's suddenly change to 56kbps mp3's, it sounds fuzzy and hard to make out, and no, I'm not playing it on some crappy mono 14inch colour tv, this is on my 32inch hi-def plasma with 5:1 surround.

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly lots to do and will probably grow on me, but first impressions to me says they have crammed too much into it and chopped a few corners along the way, both in gameplay and looks.

It's still got lots of bugs, only this evening I got stuck in a pavement.

And while I'm bitching, controls seem a little more clunky than before, they are supposedly improved for more acuracy, but I don't believe it , you can be aiming your gun at something, gently tapping the stick to line it up when BAM, you flip in a full 360 and are facing the otherway.

People are starting to belive that Rockstar can do no wrong, but honestly there are things wrong in SA, probably another few months of play testing/debugging/optimising would have fixed it, but hey, gotta hit those xmas markets right?

It'll keep me busy until the new Zelda comes out anyhow
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote