View Single Post
Old 26th November 2012, 21:35   #15
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I pretty sure Winamp is using integer math for this (no fractions), so the value would be zero.
but my point is thats not the right method to use, b/c the means do not serve the ends, and it would have to change anyway if granularity was ever introduced.

Quote:
...unless the option to remove missing files has been enabled (which is not the default, if I remember correctly).
second part first:

it IS the default, but this whole thing is besides the point. i am talking about the now moved file, so that is a NEW instance of the file to winamp, and its not in the ML DB in that case. winamp does not track files or have any awareness that a file in one place used to be a file [aka the same file] in another place.

and regardless, one would have to instigate a rescan / remove missing files and then refresh anyway, so thats all basically moot.

Quote:
It would still be in the database...
yes, of course the original record of the file would still be in the database, but that [record] has nothing at all to do with a file once that file's moved. once moved, this file is a new file to winamp, and would create a new record (with no relationship whatsoever to the original record) if "rerated" or whatnot.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote