View Single Post
Old 30th December 2018, 13:45   #1
ElectricFox

Winamp won't play ANY video !

Hi !

I've used Winamp since 2005, so I know the history of Winamp. I have never managed to make it play MP4 videos on Windows 10, but I've accepted that fact. I currently have Winamp 5.666 Build 3516 installed. Until a few days ago (Christmas 2018), it played .wmv videos perfectly; then it suddenly stopped playing those Windows Media Videos and any other type of videos as well ! I tried the new Winamp 5.8 (which I had never tried before), same situation: NO videos at all.
Either plays music and visualizations beautifully, but no videos. I uninstalled them, reinstalled them, to no avail. I installed old versions (5.3, 5.5) that I found in my downloads, same problem. I reverted back to Winamp 5.666 Build 3516 ((patched), so now I'm left with Winamp not playing any video on my Windows 10 computer.

I have another laptop with Windows 7 still installed (thanks god!), and Winamp PRO(!) 5.3, which plays music, CD's, visualizations and (among others) MP4 and WMV videos beautifully...

No, this isn't a Christmas tale, this is the sad reality ! Could anyone help ? Thanks in advance. I miss my videos ! (I know I could get VLC, but don't want it).

Happy New Year to all who read this !

Stephen
ElectricFox is offline   Reply With Quote