View Single Post
Old 27th July 2014, 12:51   #3
TheRyanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
I can queue any or all Library playlists at once so I'm puzzled when you say "the program only lets me queue one at a time".

However, Winamp has command line switches.
On my system, this command will clear the Playlist Editor and start playing the new playlist:
code:
"%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Winamp\winamp.exe" /CLEAR /ADD "%APPDATA%\Winamp\Plugins\ml\playlists\plf52C7.m3u8"

Create a desktop shortcut using a similar command as the target, and assign a keyboard shortcut.
Hi. I have started using the 'jump to album' function, and have globally mapped it to ALT + `

It seems to be doing the job decently, but some 'albums' aren't appearing on the list that comes up. I have no idea how Winamp sorts these albums. Is it based on the 'album' field in the songs' metadata?

To give you a better idea, I have about 40 video game soundtrack playlists, and then I have 1 other playlist that is for all my non video game related songs. This 'jump to album' function lets me navigate to whatever video game soundtrack playlist I want, very similar to how 'jump to box' works. However, on the album list, my Songs playlist does not appear at all. And while this isn't so bad, the albums listed are also very messy and sometimes vague as to which video game playlist I'm about to load up.

Image: http://prntscr.com/46te2r

As you can see with some soundtracks it's ambiguous as to what game it actually belongs to, because it gives me the composers name and stuff like that. Is there any way I can get it to list them by playlist name, or folder name, or something like that? If I can accomplish both of these things (fixing the labeling and getting the songs playlist to appear on the jump to album menu) then this will be an effective and much easier alternative to using command line.

Thanks

EDIT: I just tried the command line code you suggested and it worked much easier than expected. However, mapping this for all of my playlists would be extremely tedious and would take up many keys on my keyboard, probably more than I have available. If I can get this 'jump to album' function to emulate this method, then it would be a much better option I think. But your answer was very helpful, thanks.
TheRyanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote