View Single Post
Old 12th April 2010, 14:01   #125
langdon

Back with more pmp-related bugs

The base installation Winamp 5.572 cannot read the data from my Creative Zen Vision:M... or maybe it can read it, but it doesn't display it. It only appears to know the number of songs on the device.

I've narrowed it down to Nullsoft Microsoft PlaysForSure Plug-in v0.8 [pmp_p4s.dll], and by replacing the file (dated ‎Wednesday, ‎January ‎13, ‎2010, ‏‎5:46:00 PM) with the version from Winamp 5.55's installation (dated ‎Wednesday, ‎February ‎25, ‎2009, ‏‎4:18:38 PM) along with nscrt.dll, it begins working fine.

Winamp 5.572 (Jan 13th) - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
Skin: Winamp Classic
Windows OS: Windows 7 Pro
System specs: athlon x2 6000+, 4gb
Video Card: geforce 8800gtx
Sound Card: onboard asus
DirectX: (sorry I'm in remote desktop, I guess it's like 11)
Plugin (and version) affected by/causing the bug

A full, detailed, step-by-step method of reproduction:

1. Install winamp5572_full_emusic-7plus_en-us
2. Try to view Winamp Library -> Portables when a Creative Zen Vision M is plugged in
3. Name of device not shown, songs are listed by artist/title/time/etc is blank (see attached screenshot)

Curiously the initial installation sometimes did work... if you restart Winamp though, it always fails to display. It seemed to be related to the library being initialized, but I couldn't reproduce it by deleting AppData\Roaming\Winamp. Either way, it's still a consistent issue and exists on multiple machines.

Fix:

1. Replace Winamp\Plugins\pmp_p4s.dll with an old version (I got a working one from a Winamp 5.55 installation)
2. Copy nscrt.dll to Winamp\, since the old pmp_p4s.dll appears to need it.

The first screen shot is the not working one, the second is after the fix has been applied.

Thanks for looking into this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	not working.png
Views:	211
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	46754   Click image for larger version

Name:	fixed.png
Views:	203
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	46755