Thread: Music and Voice
View Single Post
Old 18th October 2002, 03:36   #35
Fadge

I'm having a problem with my mic setup. I'm pretty sure the problem is that I have two soundcards in my machine and the DSP is not recognizing one of them. Why two soundcards? My good soundcard (Maudio Audiophile 2496) doesn't have a mic input so I left my old card (SB AudioPCI 64V) in so I could still use my mic.

I have been able to get this setup working with all other software I've tried it with. When I try to open the mixer in the DSP I get the message "There is a problem with your sound hardware. You may install or activate mixer devices from the Control Panel". See the screenshot below for the error message and my mixer settings.

When I hit the "Push to Talk" button, the volume lowers on the background music, but my mic will not work. My comp is set up so that all audio is outputted through my maudio card. The only thing I use my Sound Blaster for is the mic input.

Anyone have any thoughts? Am I doing something really stupid or missing something incredibly obvious? Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamperror.jpg (95.4 KB, 2009 views)