View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:15   #10
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasa View Post
I've so far tested the relay and it appears to work.
Quote:
I noticed that when using a relay, it forces me to use yp2 mode, even though i selected legacy mode.
that shouldn't be happening, would need to re-check that.

Quote:
I also noticed that if the publicserver=default (or always) and it doesn't make a connection to the YP, it doesn't allow any clients to listen. That raises a concern, because if for some reason the yp becomes unavailable, direct listens won't work. Is that something that can be worked around?
when the DNAS is working in YP2 mode, if the details from the authhash cannot be obtained from the YP then it will prevent clients since the stationname, etc passed to the clients is taken from the authhash details (unlike the v1 system which just uses what the source provides - in yp1 mode then that will still happen). as such clients aren't allowed since the DNAS is then in an illegal state. it probably seems counterintuitive but that's how it's been setup and will remain as things stand.

Quote:
Apparently, I need setup an authhash for our station, but I haven't done it yet.
that's easily done, you just need to go in via the 'server login' and then follow the create authhash option from there for the stream.

Quote:
I still need to test the riponly / streamriponly issue.
will be good to know if that's resolved as well for you.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote