View Single Post
Old 21st July 2014, 16:19   #13
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I've not tried it with the alpha option enabled (I'll wait until you say that is safe).
Under normal conditions, Desktop Alpha IS safe, unless you use docked option.. in any case, it doesn't kill Winamp, it just drops a weird sizing of the shadow separated (or duplicated) from the Winamp window itself..

Anyway, the "shadow / glow" of Radiance really doesn't add too much right now, but in a future version (of cPro & skin) it will be colored along each color theme, so it looks quite better. Here you can see it in white, which fits nice with that skin, but here, colored, fits even better:

Quote:
I guess something goes wrong occasionally during the extraction from the wal files to the subfolders created in my user temp folder. I've copied the folders and their files created for Styler Radiance to the Winamp/Skins folder (renamed the lead folder and deleted the wal file) so that expanding the wal archive won't be necessary. So far, that appears to have fixed the problem for Radiance. If it comes back, I'll let you know.
Exactly what I was about to suggest!

Quote:
I have done this for a few of my other skin wal files with the goal of saving the few milliseconds..
I also use most of my skins like that, seems to be a bit more stable (could be just me..) and it gets easier for me to get in and modify stuff.. (which I do a lot ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radiance_shadow_colored.png
Views:	3469
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	51300  
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote