View Single Post
Old 19th April 2014, 06:59   #25
Aminifu
Forum King

Since the media library is tag-centric, people should expect inconsistent behavior if they put tagless, or improperly tagged, files in it. People should be encouraged to tag all files added to the library and not be provided means to avoid tagging them, imo.

The <Shift+E> editor can add tags to file records for tagless file formats and the <Alt+3> editor handles in-file tagging for most file formats that support tags. Both of these editors can now be accessed from the playlist editor. If anything is done in this area, these 2 tag editors should be made as inclusive and error-free as possible and that's all, imo.

How Winamp's tag editors can be used should be added to the Winamp features list. Maybe it's just me, but it took me a long time to realize that tags could be added to library records for file formats that don't support tags. That's probably because I seldom used the <Shift+E> editor, since it doesn't support artwork. If possible, the minimum list of which tags should be populated should also be provided.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote