View Single Post
Old 17th January 2007, 01:31   #44
Nealo

Why not UNICODE ??

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
great suggestion considering wanting to do it _with_ winamp yes? work is being done on making a new ml_local which will be unicode enabled so it will appear at some stage (though if it was such an issue then i'm sure people could have started on their own unicode enabled ml_local if it was that important). and you can't just change a fully ansi designed app (and associated plugins as the ml fails under) into unicode compatible just like that (is just humanly impossible)

-daz
Most of us who needed unicode support have already dropped winamp, so the poster probably didn't know there were any plans to add unicode support to Winamp. I didn't, until I did some research just now. We were told that there would most likely never be Unicode support in Winamp, so we should give up on it.

I'm glad to hear that Winamp may not be dead to most of the world, anymore. It's about time.

I used to like winamp a lot. I haven't updated in a while, but judging by the latest version I downloaded, Winmap's feature "bloat" hasn't affected performance too much (if those features are disabled).