View Single Post
Old 27th June 2012, 15:10   #4
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedTechie View Post
code:
2012-05-27 11:05:59 sc_serv2 msg:[DST IP:PORT sid=1] Socket error while waiting to send data. err=Connection reset by peer.(10054)

code:
2012-05-17 12:14:40 sc_serv2 msg:[DST IP:PORT sid=1] Socket error while waiting to send data. err=Software caused connection abort.(10053)
the 10053 and 10054 messages are normal and represents a connection (be it source, client or web) ending. they just shouldn't have been output in normal running and have been hidden for when the next release happens.

Quote:
Just in addition, after installing the new sc_serv2/Shoutcast etc, these messages in the Windows Event Viewer are popping up A LOT (with IP:PORT being different IP/Port combinations (no one IP is appearing a massive number of times, however) - do you think sc_serv constantly sending these messages to Windows Event Viewer is causing it to burn out and crash?
it won't be causing the crash and really what is reported just before the crash happens is most likely to the culprit triggering the issue. also the logging to event viewer is something that i've changed for the next build to only happen if it's setup to run as a service.

Quote:
code:
2012-05-17 12:09:22 sc_serv2 msg:[CONFIG] Invalid item on line 22
this message is appearing too, but not as often as the previous two.
all i can say is to check what is on that line in the config file as not all v1 settings are usable in a v2 setup and that's usually the trigger for that (or having an entry which is not supported / invalid). i recently changed things internally to make it clearer what the cause of that error is.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote