View Single Post
Old 29th June 2012, 22:17   #1
webbernets

Winamp cannot read my local database, and refuses to reset it.

-Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
-CPU: Intel I5-2500k
-RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB DDR3 1866
-Sound Card: No external SC
-Video Card: Sapphire Raedon HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition 2GB
-DirectX:11
-Winamp V: 5.623

I have been having issues with my entire library disappearing when I start up Winamp. The message displayed is attached in a screenshotwith a Reset Database button at the bottom. When I try to reset the database, nothing happens when I restart Winamp, the same message is displayed. I already tried a fresh install, which was actually very difficult to preform. When I was trying to uninstall, I kept getting errors saying that it was still running even though there weren't any processes for Winamp running. After I deleted the entire Winamp folder, I was able to get a fresh install, and the problem disappeared until the next morning.

I think the problem is that I'm trying to have a scheduled task open winamp so it can play a file to wake me up in the morning. I am testing to see if disabling it will stop reoccurance. For the second time this error occured, I went to the forums and found some advice directing me to delete some files in the ml folder, including main.dat, which I am not sure actually exists there anymore as the post was a mix between outdated and current information. In the end I deleted the entire folder, clicked restart database, and restarted Winamp to see that finally my library had reset and I could re-import everything.

After I disabled the scheduled task, the library still managed to disappear. I've attached the screenshot and the list of plugins zipped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WinampFiles.zip (21.6 KB, 137 views)
webbernets is offline   Reply With Quote