View Single Post
Old 11th March 2016, 16:30   #64
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
Just my personal opinion, but I don't get why people would want their music & video player in one. It's like you're in the middle of a playlist and then you want to watch a video, which makes it more troublesome to watch a video and then switch back to your playlist one where you at.

That and being the fact that winamp sucks when it comes to videos vs other video players out there. Winamp should focus more on music, less on "media player" as a whole.
The place where music and videos converge is the key... meaning: Music videos. It's not meant to watch it actually, but rather being able to throw several file types into one playlist thinking only on what music it contains instead of what kind of files they are..

I have a folder with selected videoclips, some are concerts (not tracked), or sessions with 2 or 3 songs. Some is hard-to-find stuff, rare items. I like being able to mix it into my playlists, just to listen to it, not to watch it actually (which, after the first seen is kinda moot).

Now, I don't know if that way of using it is common or popular.. maybe if Winamp supports (easier) Youtube video streaming it can be quite popular..
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote