Thread: 8 new presets
View Single Post
Old 13th June 2002, 08:58   #8
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by |EM|Snake
dude. wtf. I get invalid archive error when I change the tag to .zip. can't you just post a zip of your presets man? If I wanted
skins, I'd go to the skins area.

Here's the error winzip reports:

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file.
That's really strange. Sounds like a problem with your winzip, because all skins are zip files - Winamp unzips them and gets all the individual BMP files out of them in order to load up the skin (you can check this with your other skins). So if the skin works, I'd suggest downloading winzip again.

The reason I didn't want to just post them here is because I'm trying to champion (well, champion maybe a bit too strong a word) the idea of making skin & preset packages. I love the idea, and I love it when people make presets to match their skins. So far, I'm the only person I know who's made milkdrop presets for their skins, which is a shame. That's why I didn't want to separate them, since they really are meant to go together. If someone doesn't like the skin and throws it out but keeps the presets, or vice-versa - I don't mind, as long as they appreciate that they are using presets that were designed to be a part of a skin, or a skin that was a sister to a group of presets.

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote