View Single Post
Old 28th November 2015, 07:29   #42
MyPC8MyBrain

What a painful process to get this to work,
Ive had enough trying to get this to compile on my XP, I think something else is not right with it,

I uninstalled my VS2012 on my Win7, reinstalled VS2015,
I was finally able to compile this successfully
VER_MAJOR=3 VER_MINOR=0 SKIPUTILS="NSIS Menu"PREFIX="D:\dev\nsis\myNSIS" install

Next I was trying to compile this
VER_MAJOR=3 VER_MINOR=0 PREFIX="D:\dev\nsis\myNSIS" install

Got few errors I was able to fix with these instructions,
https://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtop...=40491#p163676

solved the errors I hit initially; and moved on to new ones I can’t figure out how to get out of,
first error comes up

PHP Code:
sconsdone reading SConscript files.
sconsBuilding targets ...
cl "/Fobuild\urelease\NSIS Menu\nsismenu\nsismenu.obj" /"Contrib\NSIS Menu\nsismenu\nsismenu.cpp" /TP /nologo /GS- /O1 /W3 /MT /EHsc /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_CRT_NON_CONFORMING_SWPRINTFS /DNSISCALL=__stdcall /D_UNICODE /DUNICODE /Ibuild\ure
lease
\config /ID:\dev\wxWidgets\include /ID:\dev\wxWidgets\lib\vc_libunsis\mswu
nsismenu
.cpp
D
:\dev\wxWidgets\include\wx/platform.h(183): fatal error C1083Cannot open include file'wx/setup.h'No such file or directory
scons
: *** [build\urelease\NSIS Menu\nsismenu\nsismenu.objError 2
scons
building terminated because of errors
then I went through prepping NSIS menu with wxbuild.bat in nsis-code-6644-NSIS-trunk\Contrib\NSIS Menu\wx\
I have no idea how to answer the questions; I just answered yes to all; run a new build; old error is gone now and a new one came about,

PHP Code:
sconsdone reading SConscript files.
sconsBuilding targets ...
cl "/Fobuild\urelease\NSIS Menu\nsismenu\nsismenu.obj" /"Contrib\NSIS Menu\nsismenu\nsismenu.cpp" /TP /nologo /GS- /O1 /W3 /MT /EHsc /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_CRT_NON_CONFORMING_SWPRINTFS /DNSISCALL=__stdcall /D_UNICODE /DUNICODE /Ibuild\ure
lease
\config /IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include /IC:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\lib\vc_libunsis\mswu
nsismenu
.cpp
C
:\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include\wx/chkconf.h(88): fatal error C1189#error:  "wxUSE_ANY must be defined, please read comment near the top of this file."
scons: *** [build\urelease\NSIS Menu\nsismenu\nsismenu.objError 2
scons
building terminated because of errors
Been chasing my tail with this few hours now, any advice how to get over this error?
it seems to be wxWidgets related; everything else works fine so far,
MyPC8MyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote