Thread: Cloning.
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2004, 18:02   #12
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
Im in the states and here since it is illegal, many diseases that we could be treating right now are not being studied. I am a medical student under a doctor doing research for pediatric phase Muscular Dystrophy. He thinks there would be a cure for this if he could use stem cells.
When i become a doctor, hell yes im moving to another country where research is not restricted by others.
I mean, these stem cells are already going to be trashed (they get them from maternity clinics or such) might as well use them for some good. Its not like im raelian.
Its illegal because its morally wrong. And the argument for using aborted fetal material is not valid either for the same reason - abortion is morally wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
Cabowabo has a knack for speaking out against things that he knows NOTHING about.
Among lots of other articles, here is one that comes to mind...
http://stemcells.nih.gov/index.asp
Specifically this...
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics3.asp
Have you read anything about it? Embryonic Stem Cell research destroys an embryo. Are you too dense to understand that? It is human life. What's next, experimenting on your little sister?

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeflca
wow....this is funny as hell....well not really funny but still....cabowabo talking about stem cells....i doubt he even knows what they are....
once you pull your head out of wherever it is, don't worry dude, they all come around eventually....
I don't mean to flame. However people like this who hope to screw others over for no reason and are clueless as to what they are talking about just piss me off, especially on this issue.
What the fuck is up with you people? I express an opinion, and everyone FLAMES me. I don't remember reading in the rules that it was OK to flame unpopular opinions.

mikeflca, why did you reduce the size of that flame? Hoping no mods would notice? Well Here ya go:
Quote:
cabowabo talking about stem cells....i doubt he even knows what they are....
once you pull your head out of wherever it is, don't worry dude, they all come around eventually....
I don't mean to flame. However people like this who hope to screw others over for no reason and are clueless as to what they are talking about just piss me off, especially on this issue.
Quote:
edit: @cabowabo: do you disagree with this research on religious grounds or for other reasons? if so what reasons? -just curious.
This was a decision I reached while in a drunken stupor! Mas Tequila!
Seriously, I have read quite a bit on the subject, and this is my feelings, plain and simple.

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote