View Single Post
Old 15th January 2013, 17:55   #1
evanexempt

Ripping Related: Artist/Album Subfolders Question?

I always try to check and see if my question has been answered in another thread before I post. I didn't see a thread for this specific question.

In the CD ripping preferences, you can set the destination location your ripped files, and you can set the file naming options. But there does not appear to be an option to set Winamp to create a subfolder (within the artist folder) based on the album name.

For instance, I can set it to send ripped files to
C:\user\evan\music\BandName

And of course I can even manually create a subfolder here, each time I burn a new disk: C:\user\evan\music\BandName\AlbumName

But it seems kind of cumbersome to have to manually generate a new directory sub-folder based on the name of the album. I was hoping there might be a way to set the software to automatically generate a sub-folder based on the AlbumName reflected in the meta-data.

The naming convention tool seems like it should allow for such. Like a coded subfolder command...

For instance:
<Artist> - <Album> - <Album - create subfolder>\## - <Trackartist> - <Title>

Just a thought.

Amazon MP3's downloader automatically files downloads into album-specific sub-folders within the ArtistName folder. And I hated it at first. But then it grew on me.

Any recommendations on how one might go about doing this with Winamp Pro?
evanexempt is offline   Reply With Quote