View Single Post
Old 30th September 2014, 22:36   #8
DrO

ok, Victhor and i have had a bit of a chat over the last hour and i've done a bit of quick work on a few things to see how it all might work. so....

the attachment shows the clear button using a bold font 'X' which should suffice for localisation needs and also conveys the need of the button. it could do with a bit of fine tuning to make the button more square (it still has the text specific padding applied at the moment).

[edit]
additional multi-pane attachment shows the clear buttons without the text padding mentioned above.
[/edit]

the auto-select thing will be enabled by default for all skinned edit boxes (config option to disabled - behaviour will be default: on e.g. like explorer and all browsers seem to do). just need to sort out a place to pop it (probably on the w.i.p. 'appearance' preference page.

the cue text needs a bit of work (i'd hoped the skinning code was already in place to support it but it's not).

for the automatic hiding of the buttons as needed, i need to get around to implementing it, but it's a simple enough thing to do (especially after all of the work done to standardise how the layout handling is done when looking to apply it to the other native views).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clear_button_test3.png
Views:	618
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	51415   Click image for larger version

Name:	clear_button_test4.png
Views:	550
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	51416  
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote