View Single Post
Old 1st October 2014, 03:55   #9
DrO

not sure this'll show things well enough or not but i've now got it to the point where it can show the cue text (italicised like explorer) when there's no search text and it's not focused.

it also shows things without the caption text just before the search field so you've got a bit more space to see what you've entered (which is handy with smaller viewing setups). and with the clear button hidden as needed when there is no search entered.

i'm thinking for the cue message to have the selected view name in there here applicable e.g. Search 'simple album'... and Refine 'simple album' Search... and so on for local library views (using 'local library' on the root node) and the history view would just be Search History....

other than a weird issue with the mode buttons in the library view painting strangely (likely due to just ripping code out), it works and seems to fit with what has been suggested (does mean i've broken every language pack out there but never mind as there is time to fix them!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clear_button_test5.png
Views:	559
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	51417  
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote