View Single Post
Old 15th December 2012, 14:22   #8
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
previous post appears to be spam or something.

ok, so testing a 5.64beta:

the only difference between what i wrote above, and now, is that when you move the file, and then play it, the rating DOES now show up in the file info window, even though the file, in its new location, is not in the ML DB. i consider that a good thing.

so my question is does winamp parse ALL files that don't have a rating in the ML DB, to check for a rating?

or, does winamp only parse those files NOT in the ML DB at all?

fyi: winamp will still add a file to the DB just by virtue of rating the file, even if you have the option to add played files to the ML unchecked.
Basically, when ratings were first implemented in Winamp 5.0x, it was done as part of ml_local, using nde (Nullsoft Database Engine), thus making it a Local Media Library database feature.

Files had to be in the mldb for ratings to be stored/recognized.
This is why files were auto added to the mldb when rated.

Since we now support ratings in tags (POPM, etc) for mp3, ogg, flac, wma (did we ever get mp4/m4a working?),
as from the next release, Winamp will be able to read the rating from the tags, even when the file is not in the mldb, and display it in e.g. the Rating context menu in the main window, the Rate Items context menu in the Playlist Editor, and in the Bento mcv / file info area.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote