View Single Post
Old 14th February 2015, 17:25   #399
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Koopa,

The new beta works fine for me too (I was waiting for the support for thinktink's plug-ins before testing).

In my case the .zip archive took 1 minute and 56 seconds to make and the .7z took 5 minutes and 19 seconds. Over twice as long to save 156,245 KB. It's good to give users a choice, but in my case I'll stick with the default.

I understand Pawel's point, but selecting stuff to be restored that is not in a particular archive would just be ignored won't it? I mean it won't cause the tool to hang or crash would it? I guess you could add date stamps to the log files names (so that they could be matched with the archives), then the tool or the user could query the backup logs for what's in a particular archive.

As it stands now the logs are overwritten when new ones are created. I've been making copies and manually modifying the logs names to have a way of checking what was put in a particular archive and what was restored. This makes it easy for me to restore older files (e.g. a plug-in configuration that I want to return to) instead of the most recent ones, when I have a need to.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote