View Single Post
Old 6th September 2015, 18:23   #53
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiStone View Post
The bug of S_FALSE and AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT maybe a barrier to me.

Iam using Windows 10 and an USB Sound Card. I was using Maiko WASAPI since Windows 8.1, it works well until Windows 10. Sound sometimes freezes and the only way to get it back is unplug the USB cable then plug it again. It happens every 1 or 2 hours.

I see that your plugin works better to me. Of course Exclusive settings are poor (compair to Maiko's), but I always use Shared Mode so your plugin is almost perfect without the bug above.
It's not a bug at all. It's just how WASAPI works in non-exclusive mode: It uses the sample rate from the system settings. If your audio source has a sample frequency different from the system setting you end up with the above errors.

In such a case Maiko silently does sample rate conversion (SRC). But why using WASPI in conjunction with SRC and not DS? SRC is exactly what DS adds to the bill. WASAPI + SRC = DS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiStone View Post
What gonna happen if I have a lot of songs with various bitrate?
Bitrate doesn't matter. I assume you mean sample frequency.

If WASAPI of your sound card supports all of you're frequencies you may use WASAPI in exclusive mode. That's where YASAPI is designed for. Otherwise YASAPI is not for you, just use DS!