View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 02:33   #132
mvaughan27

Auto-Tagger/Replay Gain Analyzer Deleting Media Files!

Sending albums (by right clicking on a playlist) to the auto-tagger or the replay gain analyzer randomly results in media files in that album being deleted from the HDD (not the playlist). Out of 63 albums, I had approximately 10-15 tracks deleted from my HDD. By chance, I caught the problem right away, restored the files from a backup, and ran the auto-tagger again (with the same results, only a different set of files had been deleted from the HDD). I discovered that the same issue occurred when sending albums to the replay gain analyzer.

I've run a standard suite of tests on my machine to check the integrity of my CPU, RAM, HDD's, etc and everything appears to be in good working order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMHO
This issue is very concerning! I suspect the application may edit the original file, or does not backup the original file and verify the operations success before deleting the original, thus leading to this problem...? I understand such safety mechanisms may negatively impact performance for some users, so perhaps an option could be added to enable/disable this behavior?
-Motherboard: EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1, driver 15.53
-CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
-RAM: 8GB OCZ3FXE20004GK @ 1333MHz
-Sound card: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty, driver 2.17.0007
-Videocard: 2x EVGA GTX280 (01G-P3-1280-AR ), driver 197.45
-Windows OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 (6.1, build 7600)
-DirectX version: 11 (dxdiag does not appear to give me a more specific version number)
-Winamp version: 5.5.7.2830
-Winamp installation type: Pro
-Winamp skin: Modern
-FileTypes: m4a, MPEG-4 AAC LC 320Kbps (all of my audio is encoded in this format)
-A List of Plugins: I have not (intentionally) installed any plug-ins, though I have included the report generated by the stand-alone nunz.exe tool
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list_ext.txt (3.6 KB, 191 views)