View Single Post
Old 21st March 2013, 21:08   #70
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
and plug-ins and skins are nice and all that, but most users don't both to download and install them. they just use what is provided and that is all they want.
I agree that the last few generations of users (of almost everything) have been conditioned for an 'out-of-the-box' experience only. That's why they never look at, or for, the options. This is a shame, especially for Winamp, imo.

It also doesn't help to have so much obsolete stuff on the main site. Downloading and installing stuff that doesn't work, is a big turnoff. But, that's another issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
finally the people who know the sdk are the ones who don't have the time to work on updating the documentation in it (i've done what i can over the years to update things but when there's little demand for updates it just slips to the bottom of a never-ending pile). plus Winamp has always been known for a shit sdk irrespective of the dev team at the time so at least we've maintained that level of consistency with it.
That's why I said it should be a separate paid job/task for these people. But if management doesn't think its worthy of consideration, then nothing will be done. Another shame.

And I'm not knocking what you official devs do. You manage to get a hell of a lot done anyway, under the circumstances.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1909 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote