View Single Post
Old 17th April 2014, 16:47   #308
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post

that's really interesting. so would the same explanation apply to other formats that DrO said had reported the same thing? perhaps the other formats plugins need checked as well?
I guess it's possible but I doubt it.

Quote:
also, is it possible that what you originally thought is also the case? meaning, even tho u caught the 2 byte/4 byte issue, could it also be the case you are also outchucking the "wrong" type of float data? (just wondering if simultaneous issues have been ruled out?)
I don't believe so. What I did to test this theory was to compile a special debug build of X-Fade with "special" code in it to write out to a pre-determined file the output of the transcoder functions it was passing through from the other plugins it was hooking. I compared the output of in_mp3.dll and in_bpopus.dll in a hex editor and using GoldWave, a program I purchased a LONG time ago, which allows me to open raw or otherwise headerless audio data files while specifying a format. For both files, I had to select "Floating Point" format with the attributes "IEEE Single Stereo" and both files played normally.

Quote:
also, any theory as to why the peak values were different even tho the db was the same? (granted, the peaks were pretty close)
To me, a value above 1 and a value below 1 are two very different things, especially if you're talking about audio data where 1 has a special meaning. As for a theory, nope.

Quote:
your opus plugin is becoming absolutely bulletproof while at the same time your efforts are even improving winamp! kudos.

Not so much yet though. Still need more feedback from the other forum members who reported crash issues with metadata handling.

Last edited by thinktink; 17th April 2014 at 18:50. Reason: Fixed image tag.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote