View Single Post
Old 7th June 2014, 17:29   #1
Forum King
thinktink's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: No longer on the streets of Kings County, CA.
Posts: 3,089
Does anybody remember...

...the name of the filter used to non-destructively convert a stereo digital audio signal to mono? What I mean by "non-destructively" is not to mean to be able to convert it back to the original stereo signal but a conversion to mono that prevents the typical signal attenuation you get when you just use a simple mean(average) algorithm ((L+R)/2).
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote