View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:05   #58
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
That is an incomplete rewrite of what I wrote. So be it.
are you suggesting i took it out of context or somehow distorted the meaning of it? how so?

here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu
While I believe most users never, or very slowly, move away from the WA defaults, there are many users who do 'step outside the box'.
i believe i represented your statement fairly. we both said "most."

later, you asked me for "survey proof" ...but i was under the assumption we both agreed on this point, based on your statement above.

don't get mad at me b/c you contradicted what you yourself said, ...that i just happened to agree with.

Quote:
There's always the first time. Does not mean there will be no other requests. Even if there are no more, so what. That does not invalidate the request.
when did i ever say the request was invalid? i simply said i don't think it will be a high priority, and tried to explain why. and yes, numbers do matter. the devs tend to respond to things asked for in high numbers. that doesn't mean they ONLY respond to things req'd in high numbers, but that is the general M.O.

now, they also respond to things that crash the app, even if its in small numbers, but i believe, based on what i know about the app, how this works, and previous exp with the devs, that this may be an issue where they pass, at least for now, b/c no obvious better solution exists. i qualify that tho, b/c i am not "dev-able" and no expert on coding or those matters. my opinion is only as informed as i am... so take that to mean whatever you like.

Quote:
Frankly, I don't care what most users do. I care about what I want to do and whether WA will let me do it and the way it will let me do it.

If I see a post asking for something and if I know a way to have WA do it, I post it. You do the same. I don't care if it helps one person or a million. I don't even care if my suggestion is used. It's enough for me to just make the effort to help. I don't care why you do it, it's enough that you do (when you're helpful).

I join the threads of others for problems I'm also having, in the hope of finding a solution or work-around.
at no point did i criticize you or anyone else for doing so, so i'm not sure how this strawman applies to me?

my only point was that the devs have to make choices, their time and resources are extremely limited, and those choices involved cost/benefit analysis. so numbers do matter.

Quote:
I join the requests of others for stuff I would also like. I don't knock the requests of others for stuff that I'm not interested in. I'm not a WA developer with access to the source code, so I don't presume to know what is or is not possible to do.

Let's agree to disagree. I have little chance of changing your mind on some stuff and vice versa.
indeed, i felt the same way several posts back. i was simply trying to explain my viewpoint since it was asked/challenged. i'm not knocking anything btw, i am simply explaining why it isn't likely to be a priority. jmho.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote