View Single Post
Old 21st July 2013, 18:53   #16
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_rock923 View Post
In Vista+, I would use Libraries rather than the 'move' option. IMO, that option is intended for redirecting to a network share.
I do a mixture of both. First I get all the "default" C:\Users\Blah\ folders moved to a new drive. And then make use of the Libraries features to add in any other folders that are relevant.

This is especially neat on a client's laptop where there is are two partitions for "SYSTEM" and "DATA". Makes a rebuild so much simpler. And backups are quicker to do.

Libraries are great for a PC like mine with loads of hard disks. They especially come into their own when used with a DLNA aware TV.

I have dozens of extra Library categories. Helps me find stuff.

Actually - when I am setting up my OWN PC in "Full on Geek Mode" I move the WHOLE of the C:\Users\ branch as part of the installation. That way I can get my %APPDATA% folder moved without any registry hacking. But then that is a little advanced and OT for this thread.

Edit: I had to double check... Libraries are a Win7 thing. Not available in Vista, and hidden by default in Win8. Easy to bring back to Win8 as it is just an option in Explorer.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote