View Single Post
Old 20th January 2013, 23:46   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
It's a terminology disconnect. I don't mean value in the literal sense. Just the data that is shown in the editor. As far as genre goes, codes are used per spec, but we see the word "Country" for instance, instead of the code. A particular code in ID3v1 can mean something else in ID3v2, but that is not what I'm talking about.
yes, i understood all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I'll try explaining in a different way.

Say you have a blues song and you set the ID3v1 and ID3v2 genre tags to 'Blues' on the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tabs in the Alt+3 editor and save the file. Then you do the same thing with a rock song, set the v1 and v2 genre tags to 'Rock' on the v1 and v2 tabs in the Alt+3 editor and save the file. Now go back and view the tags for the blues song. When you click on the v1 tab, you should see 'Blues' as the genre, but instead you see 'Rock'.
that would def seem to be a bug. that info should, imo, be parsed fresh from the file everytime alt+3 is done, as opposed to the DB or last used values in the alt+3 dialog.

can you reproduce this 100% of the time, or is it intermittent?

what did the basic tab have to do with it? (i found bugs with that before, esp where id3v1 was concerned, which is partly why i recommend stripping all v1 tags, to avoid these kinds of incongruities. i basically operate only on the id3v2 tab in alt+3 these days. i understand why u keep them, but perhaps its time to retire the old player?)

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing