View Single Post
Old 8th May 2013, 17:38   #22
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
one assumes the devs will truthfully and graciously explain the case when known.
I'll be happy if the problem is just fixed.

Quote:
of course, to FIX ANY issue, that's whats required.

but to diagnose it? its not.
I guess we have a different understanding of what "to diagnose" means.

Quote:
you are far more trusting than I. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the devs, I think they are honest, hardworking, and talented, be they DrO, Egg, Benski, whoever. but they are not gods, nor are they infallible.
The devs are human. Of course they can and do make mistakes. But if one says he understands something I can accept that until proven otherwise.

Quote:
and even if you don't agree with that, the exercise can, in and of itself, have unforeseen benefits.
True. And it can waste time, and yes, I'm mostly concerned about my time.

Quote:
not sure what this has to do with anything, but just fyi, the stickies call for a formal method when reporting bugs. not saying I always do it myself, I don't, but I have never failed to do so when ANYONE asks me to, to the best of my abilities.
Good for you, I'm not that charitable. I do know what the stickies say. I've read all of them, several more than once or twice. It is interesting that on one hand you say the devs are not gods (which is true), then you argue to follow their instructions (in the stickies) as though its gospel.

Quote:
its one thing to report a problem. its another to report a problem, a cause, and a solution. are you saying you know all 3? how, without access to the code as you specified earlier?
I don't know where that comment comes from or how you got to that from what I wrote.

Quote:
so there you have it. the v1 / genre issue[s] isn't worth all this back and forth, but I do consider it worthy to layout the principles here, since future issues, likely more important ones, call for it.
Good to know your view of the principles involved here, although I think I already had a pretty fair idea. We are all human and therefore can be wrong. I could even be wrong about that last comment.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system