View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2006, 15:27   #46
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
And which philosophy did you want to embrace?. A philosophy of morality or one of decadence.
I wasn't aware this was a buffet...

Your buffet sucks. Only two items on the menu?

Quote:
The ideal of a priest... the worship of God. The ideal of the atheist... to be God.

Quote:
Of course there have been abuses with faith in Christianity. But Christianity has a durable morality that has been around for centuries. Has it been abused?... sure... and Christians are the first to recognize that.
Reasonable.

Quote:
Then we have the other side of the coin, which is atheists. They have no morality, save what they made up in their head.
From my perspective, you have no morality, save what someone else made up in their head. Are you implying that that is better?

Quote:
Christians with a clear moral mandate and atheists with none.
There are many Atheists with a clear moral philosophy, and Christians with none...

Quote:
So I guess if you want to run around and screw everything in sight, kill your unborn children and find platonic excuses for any misdeed, then atheism is the RELIGION for you.
Well, it seems to me that killing an unborn child is better than killing a fully grown one for gluttony and drunkenness.

Quote:
Your morality doesn't have to follow human traditions, much less the moral code of Christians.
So what you're saying is we're free to make progress?

Quote:
Despite the abuses, the morality remains.
Does it? Do you really believe that?

Quote:
And what is the motive of atheists?.
Ah, what is the motive of Atheists? You might just have to ask a particular person and find out what his response is.

Quote:
Certainly not to EXCEED the morals of Christians....
Yes, because Atheists have this book, which all follow, and... shit, wait, let me start over.

Quote:
If it feels good do it?
Which explains why all Atheists are drug addicts! Of course!

Quote:
No God... so it doesn't really matter huh?.
Clearly you have struck upon why every Atheist in the world has killed themselves in despair.

Quote:
Really?. And how much money did we toss down the toilet over the fraud of cold fusion?.
Certainly no more than Christians toss down the toilet every Sunday.

Quote:
And I can take a half hour drive to see a fission reactor that never produced any energy. While I am paying for the worthless bastard being dismantled in my electric bill.
A fission reactor that never produced any energy...? So what dumbass is responsible for that? We've had very functional fission reactors for a long time.

Quote:
Did the scientists involved know they were stuffed clean full of blueberry muffins... yep... did that stop the fraud?.. nope ....
?!

Quote:
We don't even want to go into the fraud of medical research..
Right, the expected life span going up about 15 years over the last 60 is just... um... fuck, what are you attributing that to, now?

Quote:
Or billions on space programs that don't work.... to get the ball point pen?.
Are you talking about the Fisher space pen, which was developed independently from NASA at the sole expense of a private firm, or are you referring to successfully landing on the moon, or possibly, say, the GPS system, landing a rover on Mars? Which of those things are not working?

Quote:
Eventually religion finds it's fraud too, but certainly not any slower than science.
I'm sorry, but how exactly do you find fraud in faith?

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote